Preparing For Hail
Where hail hits the hardest
The two hardest hit states when it comes to hail is Texas & Colorado. Auto Hail Zone has shop locations in both of these states, one in McKinney and one in Colorado Springs.
In today’s post, we will discuss the steps you should take to prepare for hail season. Our focus will be on vehicle protection, as we are a paintless dent repair shop.
- Insurance coverage. First order of business is to check your level insurance coverage. If you have anything less than comprehensive coverage, the hail repair bill will be your responsibility to pay. With comprehensive, your auto hail damage repair is covered and your rates will not go up if you report your hail claim.
- Weather app. Having immediate access to weather conditions is imperative during Texas & Colorado hail season. The official hail season starts April 15. Some good weather apps are below. Stay ahead of the storm to avoid auto hail damage.
- Keep under cover. If you don’t have shelter at work or at home, start planning now. Search Google maps for local car washes, gas stations, and covered parking.
- Undercover, literally. You’ve probably already seen this DIY tactic around the city. Comforters, moving blankets, sleds, swim rafts, and many more. As silly as it sounds, most of these tactics do work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? Another option is hail blankets. We send you to Amazon for this adventure because you should ALWAYS check reviews. With moving blankets, just keep them in your trunk during hail season! If you are in Colorado Springs, keep them in the trunk year round with your winter emergency pack.
- Call Auto Hail Zone. We know more than a thing or two about hail preparedness, prevention, and repair.