Edmond, OK Auto Hail Damage Guide
Tips For Vehicle Owners With Hail Damage
My vehicle just got hail damage, what do I do now:
- Don’t hesitate, contact your insurance company immediately to file a hail damage claim and get an appointment for them to look at the damage for an initial estimate. Once your insurance company has written up your initial estimate you will receive a copy with a check written to you and the body shop you choose to perform the repairs. Next, contact Auto Hail Zone to begin the hail repair process
- Never pay for anything advance. After your insurance adjuster has written your initial estimate, the insurance company will issue a check for the repairs to you and the body shop you designate to perform your repairs so there is no need for money to be exchanged between you and the body shop unless your insurance company paid you directly, in this case, you would pay the body shop after all repairs were completed.
- Be suspicious of anyone who offers to get you more money or gifts over what your insurance company has allocated for your repairs. The #1 concern should be that your hail damage was repaired correctly and completely.
- Look for an established, reputable company, and request references. Look for a locally established and reputable company when considering a Paintless Dent Repair facility for your auto hail damage repairs.
- If your insurance company does not cover a rental car, some PDR companies will offer rental coverage. Make sure, in writing, you know the length of rental coverage and exactly what is covered.
- Carefully review and understand any warranty and watch for conditions that would void it. Auto Hail Zone offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all repairs.
- Avoid auto repair companies set-up in tents in local Edmond, OK shopping centers. Just because they might be set-up near an insurance adjusters tent, that means nothing. There is no affiliation between insurance companies & repair companies. Limited Lifetime Warranty on all repairs as long as you own the vehicle.
- It is YOUR decision who repairs your hail damage. Insurance companies will oftentimes try to “steer” you towards a “trusted partner” or “preferred auto body shop” list of local Edmond auto body shops. This is called “steering” and is VERY illegal. Insurance companies started “partnering” with auto body shops that would agree to give them “preferred pricing” on repairs. This in no way benefits the customer, only the insurance company.
- Don’t wait. The longer you wait to get your hail damage repaired, the greater the risk of residual damage. You pay for insurance monthly to keep your vehicle protected from hail events and other “acts of nature,” use it!